- The issue numbers I use are new here. Until my list is more
complete, I am only assigning traditional issue numbers to the basic
Northeast Region patches. For event patches, training patches, and
OA and Jamboree issues, I have listed the items and dates without
assigning issue numbers.
- The history of the BSA regions is often divided into the
twelve-region era (before 1973), the six-region era (1973-1992), and
the four-region era(1992-present). Because the Northeast Region and
its insignia remained essentially unchanged during the 1992 regional
realignment, this catalog will cover both the six-region and the
- Many thanks to all the folks who have traded or sold me the Northeast
issues in my collection.
- I consulted J.D. Bartlett's The Six Regions for
background, but I developed my own system of classification. Many
thanks to Rob Kutz and Michael Feigenbaum for helping figure out the
order of issues and identifying some changes to the design.
- Thanks to Russ Swenson, Tyson Ford, Bill Lahman, and Nick
Demarco for sending scans of things I was missing. Thanks also to
Mark Chilutti, Bill Chin, and John Larney for help tracking down
patches and images.
- Thanks to Craig Murray
for helping with images from the 21st
- Scans of missing items would be gratefully welcomed. Trade offers
for items I need will be greeted with great enthusiasm.
- All mistakes are mine; if you
let me know what they are,
I’ll fix them.
- CB: cloth back
- PB: plastic back
- SS: Scout sign
- FDL: Fleur-de-lis